Corey Moss hosts, talking with AV people about AV+ things.
The (former) AV person: Jeff Roy – Director of Sales Engineering at Jazz Networks
What is the +?
Cybersecurity and machine learning
Corey talks with Jeff about:
- He and other members of the team at Jazz Networks being former AV and UC people (system and sales engineering, sales, marketing, communications) with Tandberg, Cisco, Acano, Pexip (and other companies)
- The AV industry asking about “how can we do cybersecurity?” Jeff talks about the network and security in AV here, along with some of the history.
- Moving the security perimeter back to the user
- The Jazz platform – talk of Big Data and tools for machine learning
- Finding anomalies, aiding in security monitoring
- Corey talks about CEO Hani Mustafa – Jazz Networks CEO and co-founder, formerly with Pexip and Cisco, and Jeff talks about other team members as well
- The team’s move to Jazz, bringing some of what they did with previous companies in AV/UC, to go along with concepts in behavior analytics, machine learning and cybersecurity
- Corey talks about phishing with Jeff (affecting corporate, government, hospitals, etc.), and they also focus on the insider threat.
- Breach example scenarios – Equifax, Facebook and more
- Looking in-depth into behavioral patterns and abnormalities, and a breach
- Discussion of detection
- Focus on the integrator – network, security, and how Jazz Networks can bring the platform
- Working with the CIO, CSO and CISO concerning data and security
- Training, education for end user and the integrator as well